SENER will develop a study on passenger experience for the International Union of Railways (UIC)25/01/2021 (International)
SENER is going to develop a new study for the International Union of Railways (UIC), this time dedicated to the passenger experience. This new study, which joins others carried out by SENER in the last decade, once again consolidates SENER as a reference engineering company for the International Union of Railways (UIC).
On this occasion, the work commissioned by the UIC will deal with best practices and future trends in the passenger experience in the railway sector and its priorities will be to provide, based on the analysis of real cases, a global vision of the best practices on the integral experience of the railway customer during their journey, as well as to carry out an investigation of the future challenges in the coming years.
As objectives, it is expected that this Customer Experience project will help to improve the overall knowledge of the passenger experience in this mode of transport, to provide tools to increase its attractiveness in the realization of an integrated journey along different modes of transport and travel sections and, thus, to respond to the Sector Vision "Challenge 2050" in relation to the "Value Added Services" promoted by the European community of rail operators and rail infrastructure managers.
Among the studies previously carried out by SENER, which can be consulted on the UIC's official website, we can mention:
- New High Speed Railway System Implementation Handbook, May 2012.
- Passenger Railway System Updgrading Handbook, January 2013.
- Study for infrastructure scenarios for Better Passenger Service, December 2015.
- High Speed Railway Start-up Handbook, December 2019.
- Commuter and Regional Train Service Handbook (CRTS), December 2020.
- Mixed traffic High Speed Operations Handbook, December 2020.