SENER is responsible for the provision of specialized advisory services regarding High Speed issues considered [+]
San Francisco Downtown Extension
- Client: San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA)
- Country: United States
- Start date: 2019
- Ending date: 2019
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA) assembled a team of experts to conduct a review of international mega rail project delivery best practices and assist in the review and evaluation of alternative governance and oversight arrangements for management and delivery of the DTX.
In addition to SENER, the experts that formed the review panel were Arup, WSP, Nossaman, Thompson Consulting, UC Berkeley, Permut Consulting, IDS.
The effort consisted of research, expert interviews, a series of charrettes and workshops with DTX state holders from the following agencies: Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA), Caltrain, California High-Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA), San Francisco Mayor’s Office staff, San Francisco Planning Department, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (AC Transit).
Scope of services:
The services carried out by SENER included:
- Review and evaluate alternative governance and oversight possibilities for the management and delivery of the DTX.
- Evaluate and advise the Authority on DTX’s current funding plan, program delivery strategies and existing organizational structure within the TJPA.
- Advise the Authority of a recommended implementation approach, for the 2016 estimated $4 billion tunnel program, that could be implemented expeditiously and efficaciously.
- Recommend a DTX rail program delivery organization to advance the DTX program.
- Interview and engage DTX stakeholders Research national and international mega-program case studies to identify best practices and lessons learned that might inform the Expert Panel in framing its DTX recommendations.
Other programsSee all
The scope of the project is the development of a tender design proposal for a [+]
California High Speed Rail. Environmental & Engineering services for the Palmdale-Burbank section (CP1). Construction Package 1(CP1) [+]
SENER, in partnership with ACS Infrastructure, has been involved with the evaluation testing, concept engineering [+]